Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reflection from 2012 Partnership Team Member, Teresa Kincaid

It seems since I accepted the invitation to be a part of the Rwanda Partnership Team, I have battled a sinus infection. In our Women’s Bible Study lecture this morning, Katie asked the question, “What circumstance am I trying to be rid of which I need to be learning from?” As I wrote this question down, I realized how badly that I wanted to be free of this infection, to feel good, strong and healthy as I prepare for our trip to Rwanda. As I thought about this, I realized the Lord has been teaching me some lessons to help prepare me for the trip in July. He is teaching me that despite not feeling well, when I stay focused on Him daily, I receive the exact amount of energy and strength needed for that day. He is providing time to prepare for Rwanda spiritually and mentally. The Lord is showing me His grace is sufficient and that no matter how bad the pain or worn down I may feel, He meets me at that time and provides what my body needs. I am discovering the Lord is preparing me for this mission trip because He is showing me that I can endure, persevere and be strong when I focus on Him and trust Him. Each day when I wake up and think I just don’t have the energy needed today, I hear His voice say, “Teresa, wait and see what I want you to learn today from me. I am preparing you for Rwanda… with strength, perseverance and endurance to run this race with me!” Today, I say “Thank you, Lord, for this opportunity to know You better and trust You!”

1 comment: