Friday, July 4, 2014

Rwanda Reflections (by Teresa Kincaid)

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send?"  And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I.  Send me!"
--Isaiah 6:8

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."  At once they left their nets and followed Him.
--Matthew 4:19

                                                                                   In 2012 I heard these words from the Lord and I stepped way out of my comfort zone to make the journey to Rwanda with Church of Apostles Rwanda Partnership Team.  I fell in love with Rwanda and wonderful friends, who are now family!  As my friend, Clementine, and Belise, Compassion child we sponsor, said, "our hearts are attached."  Oh, how I feel this in my heart!   Now it is July 3, 2014 and I depart for Rwanda for the 3rd time tomorrow.  I am an ordinary child of God's, like the fishermen Jesus asked to follow Him.  
Jesus said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."
---Mark 10:27  
WOW, it is amazing to live this promise!  God is faithful to accomplish His plan and purpose for my life and I am truly, truly grateful.  He has taught me and continues to teach me that we are never too old be to be used by the Lord!  Yesu ashimwe!!  (Praise Jesus)

While in Rwanda last year, the Lord spoke to me heart about becoming an Advocate for Compassion International.  When I arrived home, that was one of the first things on my "To Do" List.  What an amazing experience!!  The Lord has provided 54 children in Rwanda with Sponsors through Compassion International from our Church!!  Six members on our Team this year will meet the children they sponsor on July 10.  Four will meet their children for the first time.  Eric and I met our children last year, but Thierry, our new little boy we sponsor for Cayden, and I will meet for the first time!  It is soooo exciting!!!  Cayden wrote Thierry a letter and drew a picture with a star and planets.  Cayden wrote, "Thierry, you are the star of the planets!"  Cayden also dedicated a story he wrote for their end of the year "Author's Tea" to Thierry!  This brought me to tears.  Cayden has such a sweet, loving heart for Thierry and I am so grateful!! 



I am praying, listening and waiting with hopeful expectation for what the Lord will call me to this year!  I know and trust He has a purpose and plan for my life...Jeremiah 29:11.

This week our Team has been praying Ephesians 3:14-21, so I will close with these beautiful verses.
     For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom His whole family in Heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment